A. strongly urges each diocese to consider the adoption of a Canon or Resolution on Licensed Lay Workers which would include the following elements:
1) an acknowledgement of the ministry of Licensed Lay Workers in the life of the Church;
2) a definition of Licensed Lay Workers as persons committed to the Gospel of Christ, who profess a vocation confirmed by the appropriate community to a particular ministry in the life of the Church, which is exercised under episcopal license;
3) a provision for an appropriate licensing procedure;
4) a provision for an appropriate employment covenant consonant with the "Guidelines for Fair Employment Practices" adopted by the General Synod 1980, whether salaried or unsalaried;
5) a provision for accountability to the bishop, for relationship with diocesan structures including Synod, and for appropriate support and supervisory procedures; and
b. requests each diocese to report on its work in this regard to the next General Synod through the Committee on Ministry.
The motion was put and CARRIED IN ALL ORDERS Act 80