The Rev. Dr. Lynne McNaughton guided Council through the election for the General Synod Planning Committee (GSPC). The Rev. Martha Tatarnic was elected by acclamation as the previous GSPC member from General Synod 2016. An election was held for the CoGS member on the Committee. Ms. Siobhan Bennett, the Rt. Rev. Larry Robertson, and the Rev. Canon Robert Towler stood for election.
For the Anglican Award of Merit Committee, Ms. Melissa Green (British Columbia and Yukon) and the Rt. Rev. John Chapman (Ontario) were elected by acclamation.
The Rev. Clara Plamondon led Council through the election for the GSPC CoGS member and the Anglican Consultative Council. Nominees for the Anglican Consultative Council included:
- Bishop Alternate: The Rt. Rev. William Cliff, the Rt. Rev. Greg Kerr-Wilson, the Rt. Rev. Larry Robertson, and the Rt. Rev. Riscylla Walsh Shaw.
- Clergy Alternate: The Rev. Canon David Burrows and the Rev. Dr. Lynne McNaughton.
- Lay delegate and alternate: Mr. Ian Alexander, Ms. Ann Bourke, Ms. Melanie Delva, Mr. Rob Dixon, Ms. Tara Munn, and Dr. John Rye. Council members voted for only one nominee and the role of the alternate would be filled by the candidate with the second highest number of votes.
A report back on election results took place on Sunday morning.
The Rev. Clara Plamondon announced the results from Saturday’s election:
- General Synod Planning Committee: Ms. Siobhan Bennett (CoGS Member).
- Anglican Consultative Council: The Rt. Rev. Riscylla Walsh Shaw (Bishop Alternate), Ms. Ann Bourke (Lay Delegate), and Ms. Melanie Delva (Lay Alternate).
There was a tie for the position of Clergy Alternate on the Anglican Consultative Council. A reelection for this position took place and the results reported later in the day.
FINAL REPORT ON ELECTIONS
The Rev. Clara Plamondon announced that the Rev. Canon David Burrows had been elected to fill the position of Clergy Alternate on the Anglican Consultative Council. Thanks was expressed to all of the nominees who let their names stand for the elections. Ms. Plamondon moved that the ballots be destroyed.
Text of motion
That the Council of General Synod empower the Nominating Committee to destroy the election ballots.