"The contribution of the Society of St. John the Evangelist to the Muskoka area was recognized this summer  with the unveiling of an Ontario Heritage Foundation plaque at St. Thomas' Church, Bracebridge, in Algoma diocese. Along with local area dignitaries, two members of the order, Rev. Brian Bostwick and Rev. Carl Winter, from Cambridge, Mass., were in attendance. The order began its ministry in Canada in 1927, serving the scattered Anglican missions in Muskoka and opened a monastery a year later. Declining membership led to their withdrawal from the area in 1983". Text of entire article.