1. Calls on Parliament and the Government of Canada, in conjunction with provincial, territorial and local governments, the not-for-profit and private sectors, and with Canadians, to adopt policies in the next three years that will establish:
- a. a national strategy to ensure adequate and affordable housing for all Canadians;
- b. a national strategy to reduce or eliminate poverty in Canada by 50% over the next 10 years and to substantially reduce the growing gap between rich and poor by 2020.
2. Affirms the endorsement of the Dignity for All Campaign, launched by Citizens for Public Justice and Canada Without Poverty, with these stated goals:
- a. a federal plan for poverty elimination that complements provincial and territorial plans;
- b. a federal anti-poverty Act that ensures enduring federal commitment and accountability for results;
- c. sufficient federal investment in social security for all Canadians.