The national missionary efforts of the Church of England in Canada was started by the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society, 1893-1902. It was restyled at the General Synod of 1902.
The Missionary Society of the Church of England in Canada (MSCC) was formed at General Synod held in Montreal in 1902. The MSCC was established to carryout the general missionary work of the Church and consisted of all members of The Church of England in Canada, known as the Anglican Church of Canada after 1955. Subject to the authority of the General Synod (Board of Missions), the work of the society was administered by a Board of Management and consisted of all Diocesan bishops and included 2 clergy and 2 lay people elected by the Diocesan Synods and the officers of the Society. The Board of Management met twice a year.
The Board of Management appointed an Executive Committee consisting of two Bishops, two Clergymen and two Laymen and the officers of the Society which met monthly to promote the work and interest of the Society.
Scope and Content
Film consists of the minutes of the Board of Management for the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society, 1890-1902 (GS75-102) and the minutes of the Executive Committee for MSCC, 1902-1964 (GS75-103, Box 2-8)