Ms. Goschy informed the Council that the Audit Committee was in the process of selecting an auditor for 2017. With a change in the audit engagement partner at Ernst & Young and in keeping with best practices, a request for proposal was made for the General Synod’s audit service. The Audit Committee was in the midst of follow-up work. Their recommendation and rationale will be sent to the Council via email with a resolution to be voted on by e-ballot.
That the Council of General Synod appoint the following individuals to Audit Committee for the 2016-2019 triennium.
- The Most Reverend Colin Johnson - reappointment as Chair
- Philip Arthur - reappointment
- Peter Lewis - reappointment
- Paul Singleton - reappointment
- James Sweeney - member of Financial Management Committee 2016-2019