The Executive Director of Program reviewed his report and presented the wording of a resolution to complete the process of the 1986 Canadian Partners in Mission.
That this National Executive Council, recalling our Church's participation in the third Canadian PIM and in particular the consultation held in March 1986, confirm our commitment to express in our priorities for this period leading up to General Synod 1989 the following:
1. That we give stronger support to, and expression of, baptismal ministry which involves the whole people of God;
2. That we hold together and strengthen our ministries of evangelism and justice;
3. That we seek ways of breaking out of our Anglo-Saxon ethnocentricity to include the full participation of Native people, francophones, and other cultural communities;
4. That we review our ecumenical partnerships and make clear commitments for an appropriate period of time;
5. That we commit ourselves to renewal of worship and prayer going beyond and deeper than the introduction of a new Book;
6. That we seek further ways of sharing mission with our Canadian and global partners and that committees and councils be asked to reflect on this and report back to the National Executive Council by May 1988. CARRIED #06-05-87