That the National Executive Council request the Executive Director of Program together with appropriate staff and other local resources:
1. To catalogue the Church's present response to AIDS especially in relation to:
- a) educational material which builds awareness and equips clergy and laity in ministering to the victims and families with AIDS;
- b) ethical material which addresses human sexuality and suggests responsible behaviour for those of high risk and those who may not be of high risk;
- c) practical guidance to Canadians visiting overseas with available safeguards; to equip our PIM representatives with messages of support to assist the overseas churches facing a heightened crisis, such as the provision of sterilized medical supplies.
2. To indicate to our partner churches who are concerned that we wish to stand with them in facing this common crisis.
3. To enquire of appropriate committees and groups including and not restricted to:
- Medical/Doctrinal Sub-Committee of the Doctrine and Worship Committee of the Doctrine and Worship Committee
- Human Rights Unit
- House of Bishops
- Youth Unit
- Marriage and Related Matters
- Committee on Ministry
- Partners in World Mission Committee
- Primate's World Relief and Development Fund
as to what further initiatives they plan to undertake. CARRIED #42-10-87