Bishop Short reported on behalf of the Task Force which recommended the following as principles for further discussion:
(1) electoral procedures should not be affected by economic considerations
(2) all dioceses should have the same right to elect their bishops
(3) the Province should have a significant role in making nominations in all episcopal elections
(4) the Province should participate in each episcopal election
(5) a Provincial Committee (?) should be in charge of all nominations, which may be submitted from the Church-at-large.
It was pointed out that one of the least defined areas in the Episcopacy is that of Suffragan, and agreed that this requires further study, along with a consideration of more extensive opportunities for the translation of Bishops.
"That this House strike a Task Force to give serious consideration to the matter of episcopal elections in the light of the recommendations presented to the House at the December, 1974, meeting, and that a report of their considerations be presented at the next meeting of the House." CARRIED