1. amend or add the following definitions to the Glossary section of the Handbook:
- Anglican Military Ordinariate The Anglican Military Ordinariate is composed of all of the Anglican clergy and lay service personnel in the Canadian Armed Forces and their families.
- b) Bishop Ordinary to the Canadian Armed Forces A bishop elected with the concurrence of the Primate and the Metropolitan who has episcopal jurisdiction over the chaplains of The Anglican Church of Canada serving with the Canadian Armed Forces.
- c) Chancellor of the Anglican Military Ordinariate A judge or barrister who is appointed to advise the Bishop Ordinary to the Canadian Armed forces.
2. amend all of the references in the Handbook to “Canadian Forces” to “Canadian Armed Forces”.
3. amend section 5 b) of Canon III (The Primate) to read as follows:
- Subject to the provision of financial requirements, the Primate and the four Provincial Metropolitans may concur in the election by the Anglican Military Ordinariate of the Bishop Ordinary who shall have episcopal jurisdiction over the members of the Anglican Military Ordinariate in accordance with any applicable Canon.
4. amend section 1 a) of Canon XVII (The Licensing of Clergy) to read as follows:
- "chaplain" means full and part-time priests commissioned as officers in the Canadian Armed Forces, and mandated by the Chaplain General.
5. amend explanatory Note 1 at the end of Canon XXIII to read:
- ... if the Bishop Ordinary-elect is a serving member of the Regular Force or Primary Reserve, that person must forthwith submit a formal request for release from the Canadian Armed Forces, may be consecrated as bishop upon proof of acceptance of that request, but may not commence his or her duties as Bishop Ordinary until the effective date of release from the Canadian Armed Forces.