Notes by David A. Harrison, 30-June2008-View of front of mission residential school buildling in early spring (May) before deciduous trees are in leaf. Photo taken most likely circa 1926. the residential school building was built in 1916-17 and dedicated 29th of June, 1917. A small hospital was built using the timber from the initial mission complex behind the school. This initial hospital had a varied history and location from 1917 to the present day but on the 15th of September, 1925, it was relocated to a site next to the north end of the school as seen in this photo. The truncated gable ends, the tin roof shingles and the square chimney vent identify it. A private telephone system was installed between the school, the hospital and the mission house in 1922 [Albert Archives, Diocese of Mackenzie River, Acc No 200/81 Annual newsletter, St. Peter's Mission, Rev. A.J. Vale 14 Dec 1922]. The poles and line associated with this system are seen along the boardwalk. A raise granary was built close to the southend of the school in 1927 and is not visible. The school picket fence was replaced by a wire mesh fence visible in Rosina Hobbs photos taken since her arrival in June of 1932. Wire fence in 1933.