The Archbishop of Huron presented the Report of the Executive Council which was considered section by section.
The adoption of each section was moved by the Archbishop of Huron and seconded by Chancellor Gisborne.
(1) "World's Alliance," adopted by both Houses. [See page 145]
(2) "Insurance on Church property," adopted by both Houses with the exception of the notes at the end of the Section. [See pages 145-148]
(3) "Organization of the Church." (Deferred). [See pages 148-149]
(4) "Sir Edmond Osler Trust," adopted by both Houses. [See page 149]
(5) "W.C.T.U. and Militarism," adopted by both Houses. [See pages 149-150]
(6) "A Revision of Statistical Form." The Bishop of Quebec, Chairman of the Statistical Committee, having read the following report, Section (6) was adopted by both Houses.
REPORT OF THE SUB-COMMITTEE ON STATISTICS
In September, 1926, the G.B.R.E. petitioned the Executive Council of the General Synod to have certain questions connected with Sunday Schools added to the Statistical Form which is issued to all the Dioceses.
The Executive Council having discussed the matter referred it to the Committee on Statistics and the State of the Church. This Committee was summoned to meet in Montreal to consider the matter, but unfortunately no one was able to attend except the Convener.
Another meeting of the Committee was held in Toronto last week. Two attended, but the opinion of those present was that it was not advisable to add more questions in connection with the G.B.R.E. work to the Statistical Form.
This decision was reported to the Executive Council on the 12th inst. The Council, however, decided by a majority vote that the additional questions asked for must be included in the Form, and a small sub-committee was appointed to decide in what way to recommend to General Synod that the questions ought to be inserted, i.e. whether on a separate sheet or otherwise.
The sub-committee was also asked to consider the best method of obtaining uniformity in the method of answering this questionnaire and any other matter which might facilitate the obtaining of accurate statistics.
The sub-committee therefore beg to report that in their opinion:
1. The additional questions asked for by the G.B.R.E. ought to be incorporated in the body of the Form in the place where other matters connected with Sunday Schools are placed.
2. That in order to obtain uniform and accurate information from the Dioceses, specimen copies of the Statistical Form be sent at once to the Synod Office of every Diocese in order that all the information required by the General Synod may be asked for in the form for returns issued to all the parishes in each Diocese.
3. That the present committee on Statistics and the State of the Church is too large and composed of members who are at distance far remote from each other and consequently seldom or ever able to meet together and that it would be far better to appoint a small committee of 4 and 5 who are near enough to each other to meet regularly and attend to the matter thoroughly.
4. That for the purpose of obtaining accurate information it is desirable that the Questionnaire should not be overloaded with minute questions which are not of any special value to the Church as a whole.
On behalf of the Sub-Committee, (Signed) Lennox Quebec, Kingston, 13 Sept., 1927.
(7) "Board of Finance and Legacies," adopted by both Houses. [See page 151]
(8) "Anglican War Service Fund," [adopted by both Houses]. [See page 151-152]
(9) "Ukrainian Prayer Book," adopted by both Houses. [See page 152]
(10) "Annual Meetings of Boards," adopted by both Houses. [See page 152]
(11) "Immigration," adopted by both Houses. [See pages 152-153]
[(11) Immigration: -- [Pages 152-153 of the Report of the Executive Council]
The Council for Social Service having requested the Executive Council to draft a Resolution to send to the Government at Ottawa, the following was drafted and carried:--
"That the Executive Council of the General Synod of the Church of England in Canada would urge upon your government the great importance of settling the land with people from the Mother Country, and would urge a close co-operation between your government and the British government to secure that end and trusts that this question of immigration will have a very prominent place at the forthcoming Imperial Conference."
A Deputation was named to wait upon the Government and present the Resolution.]
(12) "Church Newspaper," adopted by both Houses. [See page 153]
(13) "Episcopal Endowment Fund," adopted by both Houses. [See pages 153-154]
Resolved, That the Report of the Executive Council, with the exception of Section (3), be adopted.
Resolved, That the Report of the Executive Council be received and considered clause by clause.
The introductory clause, re Meetings was adopted.
Clause (1) "Statistical Forms" was adopted.
["(1) Re Statistical Forms.
A committee was appointed to draw up a Statistical form which form was submitted to the Dioceses for approval and suggestions and after adoption by the Council at its meeting in Calgary was used for the statistical report to the present Synod." From: Report of the Executive Council, p. 128.]
File consists of oversize copies of the register of marriages.
Places included are Fort Chimo, Leaf River, George River, Makalik (Whale River), Lower Koksoak, Aupaluk, Fort Mackenzie, Payne Bay, Great Whale River, Kokapic, Upper Koksoak River, Tameruseak, Mukalik, and Diana Bay.
"With foreword by The Most Reverend and Right Hon. Randall Thomas Davidson ... Lord Archbishop of Canterbury".
"Morehouse Publishing Co., Milwaukee, Wis. A.R. Mowbray & Co., London".
"Copyright in the United States by Morehouse Publishing Co. 1928. Entered according to Act of Parliament of Canada, in the year 1928, by Owsley Robert Rowley in the Office of the Minister of Agriculture." -- verso of t.-p.
Followed by: volume , The Anglican episcopate of Canada and Newfoundland by Owsley Robert Rowley. Milwaukee: Morehouse, c1928; volume 2, by A.R. Kelley and D.B. Rogers. Toronto: Anglican Church of Canada, , volume 3, edited by David J. Carter and John W. Carter. Toronto: Anglican Book Centre, 1977; volume IV, by Michael Peers. Toronto, Anglican Book Centre, 2009.
"The aim of this book is to give some account of the life and work of every Bishop consecrated for the Church of England in Canada, for her Missionary Sees of Honan and Mid-Japan, and for the Church of England in Newfoundland. It is hoped it may convey to members of the Anglican communion in Canada and elsewhere a clear idea of the nature and ramifications of the work, and the practical sagacity with which the Church in British North America has been and is being governed".
Contents: Dedication dated Feast of the Epiphany 1928 -- Foreword / Randall Cantuar i.e. Davidson, Archbishop of Canterbury -- Preface dated Feast of the Epiphany, 1928 / O.R. Rowley -- The Historic Episcopate -- Bishops of the Church of England in Canada in order of consecration -- The Canadian Episcopate: Succession of Bishops of the Church of England in Canada -- Bishops of the Church of England in Newfoundland in order of consecration -- Newfoundland Episcopate: Succession of Bishops of the Church of England in Newfoundland -- Table of Bishops of the Church in Canada and Newfoundland : Showing year of the age in which consecrated, died, and length of episcopate -- Dioceses throughout the World: In which the Bishop of the Church of England in Canada and Newfoundland were ordained deacon or priest -- Sundays and Holy Days: On which the Bishops of the Church of England in Canada and Newfoundland were consecrated -- Bishops in Canada and Newfoundland Translated from One Diocese to Another -- Resignations of Bishops of the Church of England in Canada and Newfoundland -- Bishops of the Church of England in Canada and Newfoundland : Who have taken part in the consecration of Bishops for the Church in other countries -- Elections to the Episcopate: List of Bishops and Priests elected to Sees of the Church in Canada, who declined their election [with biographies] -- Primates and Metropolitans: Of the Church of England in Canada -- Dioceses of the Church of England in Canada and Newfoundland : In Order of Foundation -- Statistical: Dioceses ... showing the number of Clergy, Lay Readers, Churches, Parsonages, Sunday Schools, Sunday School Officers and Teachers, Scholars, and Communicants -- Order of Foundation: Dioceses of the Church of England in Canada ... -- Alphabetical Index.