File consists of oversize copies of the register of marriages.
Places included are Fort Chimo, Leaf River, George River, Makalik (Whale River), Lower Koksoak, Aupaluk, Fort Mackenzie, Payne Bay, Great Whale River, Kokapic, Upper Koksoak River, Tameruseak, Mukalik, and Diana Bay.
On the invitation of the Prolocutor, the Bishop of Honan presented a Standing Order of the House of Bishops of the Church in China, and the resolutions embodied in Message 12 from the Upper House.
STANDING ORDER OF THE HOUSE OF BISHOPS OF THE CHUNG HUA SHENG KUNG HUI
Of the election or appointment and Consecration of Bishops not of Chinese nationality, as Diocesan Bishops of the Chung Hua Sheng Kung Hui, when the episcopal stipends are provided by the Mother Churches, and when the right to elect or appoint is reserved to the authority of the Church providing the stipend.
1. When a Diocesan Bishop who has been thus elected or appointed has asked the permission of the Metropolitan or other ecclesiastical authority concerned to resign his See, he shall at the same time inform the Chairman of the House of Bishops of his action.
2. If the resignation be accepted, or if the See is vacated by death, the Chairman of the House of Bishops shall take steps forthwith to secure a joint nomination on the part of the House of Bishops for the vacant See. If, however, he shall deem it advisable not to wait until the resignation has been accepted, the Chairman of the House of Bishops may proceed to act without waiting for such acceptance, in order to avoid unnecessary delay in the election or appointment of the Bishop.
3. Such nomination having been obtained, the Chairman of the House of Bishops shall forward it to the proper authority of the Mother Church directly concerned, to be dealt with according to the rules of that Church, coupled with a request that the Consecration be allowed to take place in China.
4. In the event of the election or appointment of a new Bishop, whether the said nominee or any other, and sanction for the Consecration to take place in China having been obtained, the Chairman of the House of Bishops shall arrange for the Consecration of the Bishop-elect or Bishop designate, by at least three Bishops of our Communion.
5. The Bishop-elect or Bishop-designate before his Consecration (whether that takes place in China or elsewhere) shall sign the Promise of Conformity set forth in Canon II of the Chung Hua Sheng Kung Hui.
6. In the event of there appearing to be need for the formation of a new Diocese of the Chung Hua Sheng Kung Hui, by the division of an existing Diocese under the conditions set forth above in the heading of this Standing Order, the initial action shall lie with the General Synod, or with the House of Bishops (if the General Synod is not meeting within twelve months of the need arising). In the former case the General Synod must approve the proposal by a two-thirds majority in each House, voting separately. In the latter case the House of Bishops must approve the proposal by a like majority, and the Chairman of the House of Bishops shall secure the consent of at least two-thirds of the Standing Committees of the other Dioceses, before the proposal is finally accepted. Application shall then be made by the Chairman of the House of Bishops to the authority of the Mother Church concerned for steps to be taken to secure the formation of such new Diocese, of which the limits shall be approved by the General Synod of the Chung Hua Sheng Kung Hui.
7. If the application be granted, the Chairman of the House of Bishops shall proceed to secure a joint nomination by the House of Bishops as set forth in 2 and 3 above.
The Prolocutor then read Message No.12 from the Upper House.
That whereas the House of Bishops of Chung Hwa [sic Hua] Sheng Kung Hui has forwarded a standing Order of that House concerning "Appointment and Consecration of Bishops not of Chinese Nationality as Diocesan Bishops of the Chung Hwa [sic Hua] Sheng Kung Hui when the Episcopal Stipends are provided by the Mother Churches, and when the right to elect or appoint is reserved to the authority of the Church providing the stipend" and desires approval thereto by the Church of England in Canada.
Resolved, That this Lower House concurs in Message No.12 re the Church in Canada.