That the Council of General Synod approve the revised Terms of Reference for the Planning and Agenda Team to reflect the coordination of the work of its Standing Committees, Councils and Boards as requested by the Council at its meeting November 2005. CARRIED
The Planning and Agenda Team’s Terms of Reference are attached as Appendix D.
REVISED TERMS OF REFERENCE OF PLANNING AND AGENDA TEAM
(incorporating the work of the former Mission Coordination Group)
Draft 2, April 11, 2006
- To assist the Council of General Synod in visioning, planning and management of the mission of General Synod and to enhance communications amongst the standing Committees of the General Synod.
- Plan the agenda for Council of General Synod to ensure time for networking, reflection and business.
- Convene one meeting per year (one afternoon prior to CoGS meeting) of CoGS members who serve on standing committees for the purpose of information sharing regarding agendas, priorities, initiatives, joint ventures etc.
- Review job descriptions of Council Members, terms of reference of Council, and of committees and councils at the beginning of each triennium including the work of ensuring good communication between standing committees and councils and the Council of General Synod.
- Encourage and facilitate the Council of General Synod in its visioning and planning responsibilities and assist participating groups -- including Standing Committees -- in developing priorities, and identifying areas of collaboration and cooperation
- Ensure educational sessions at each Council of General Synod meeting and assist in the design of the sessions.
- Enable the evaluation of activities and initiatives of the Council of General Synod and encourage the sharing of self evaluation of each standing committee's self evaluation.
- Enhance communications between standing committees and councils of General Synod.
- Provide assistance to the Primate and the Prolocutor in meeting management and evaluation strategies.