That the National Executive Council authorize Audrey Shepherd to represent the Anglican Church of Canada on the National Action Committee on the Status of Women for a period of two years, and that she maintain contact with and report to the Anglican Church Women Unit of the Program Committee. CARRIED
That the Consultant, Womens' Concerns, be asked to clarify the meaning of paragraph 3 of the statement from the Conference of Diocesan Presidents and Co-ordinators of Anglican Church Women and subsequently to inform the General Secretary. CARRIED #72-11-91
Message as it appears under "Correspondence" Item "2." on page 7 of Minutes: "Also in October 1991, the Diocesan Presidents of Anglican Church Women and Co-ordinators of Women's Concerns in Integrated Dioceses forwarded the following message to the National Executive Council:
`We urge the National Church to continue to respond to the needs of Church Women today. For more than 100 years faithful women have served the church in Parish, Diocesan and National levels.
Upon integration, the National Church and Anglican Women entered into certain agreements. We ask the church to honour these intentions and practices.
We request that any new structures provide access for church women, financial resources and staff assistance.'"
Letter to the editor describing that bales are still sent to and needed by the Diocese of the Arctic. Last year  the Anglican Church Women of the diocese of Ottawa sent "88 bales (in cardboard boxes measuring five cubic feet and weighing 15 kilograms) ... to the Arctic by mail. Value was approximately $48,000."
Mrs. W.G. Waugh spoke about the two resolutions being presented at this time. She referred Synod to the Reports of Anglican Church Women, and highlighted the ways in which their work is to be picked up after integration to ensure the continuance of valid ACW concerns.
1. within the terms of their original purpose, authority for the use of the Anglican Church Women Trust and Reserve Funds be transferred to the Administration and Finance Committee, and
2. the non-operating funds of Anglican Church Women be maintained as separate accounts under the authority and direction of the Administration and Finance Committee, with annual reports of the operation of the funds being made to the National Executive Council.
THAT this General Synod authorize the publication of the Living Message from January 1, 1974, at least until December 31, 1975, and
THAT before that date evaluation be made and exploration carried out by the Program Committee as to possible new directions in which it can develop (explorations to include newsletters to particular constituencies and devotional resources).
CARRIED IN BOTH ORDERS Act 40
NOTE: The necessary subsidy will be available from ACW balances.
That the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada hereby recognizes, affirms, and supports ANGLICAN CHURCH WOMEN as an integral part of the mission and ministry of the Canadian Church and encourages national, provincial and diocesan decision-making bodies to provide opportunities for their representation and leadership. CARRIED WITHOUT DEBATE Act 84
"Resolved that the following words be added to the resolution passed at this Synod amending the resolution passed by the 23rd Session of Synod, August 22-31, 1967:
'5. The President and the Chairman, Social Action, of the National Board of Anglican Church Women in the case of the Program Committee, and the Vice-President of the National Board of Anglican Church Women in the case of the Long Range Planning Committee'.
so that the resolution ('Handbook'. Appendix A) shall read:
'That the members of the Long Range Planning Committee and the Program Committee consist of the following:
1. Ex-officio, the Primate and the Prolocutor.
2. Two Provincial representatives from each Province, elected by General Synod from its membership.
3. Five members of the National Executive Council elected from its membership at its first meeting following its election.
4. Five members not necessarily members of General Synod or the National Executive Council elected by the National Executive Council at its first meeting following its election.
5. The President and the Chairman, Social Action, of the National Board of Anglican Church Women in the case of the Program Committee, and the Vice-President of the National Board of Anglican Church Women in the case of the Long Range Planning Committee.' CARRIED
[Recorded as No. 129 in Acts of Synod, p. 72. List of Acts includes actions which are NOT resolutions/acts.]