1. the standing committees presently funding ecumenical coalitions to take the above priorities into account in developing grants to coalitions in 1997;
2. those standing committees whose coalition work is funded by the apportionment budget to allow some loosening of the "coalition baskets" in order to permit movement of unallocated funds outside the "baskets" to coalitions that have successfully remandated;
3. the Anglican Council of Indigenous Peoples to consider becoming a funding partner of The Aboriginal Rights Coalition in 1997. CARRIED #35-03-96
1) The General Synod reaffirms the 1980 General Synod Acts 21 and 22 as continuing policy;
2) dioceses be asked to report to the National Executive Council at its Spring meetings in 1984 and 1986 on the changes in the numbers of women and men on the diocesan staff and diocesan committees.
"That paragraph 2 be deleted from the original motion." CARRIED
The motion as amended reads:
"That the General Synod reaffirm the 1980 General Synod Acts 21 and 22 as continuing policy." The motion as amended was put and CARRIED Act 29
Act 21 - 1980 General Synod: "That this Synod commend to the dioceses that they develop and implement policies and strategies for the fuller participation of women in the leadership and councils of the Church."
Act 22 - 1980 General Synod: "That this Synod encourage affirmative action to ensure more rapid progress toward sexual equality of opportunity in filling senior positions at the national and diocesan levels of the Church."