1. the standing committees presently funding ecumenical coalitions to take the above priorities into account in developing grants to coalitions in 1997;
2. those standing committees whose coalition work is funded by the apportionment budget to allow some loosening of the "coalition baskets" in order to permit movement of unallocated funds outside the "baskets" to coalitions that have successfully remandated;
3. the Anglican Council of Indigenous Peoples to consider becoming a funding partner of The Aboriginal Rights Coalition in 1997. CARRIED #35-03-96
That this General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada:
1. Urge that as a matter of public policy surrogate parenting should be discouraged.
2. Urge that surrogacy contracts should be unenforceable in Canada.
3. Adopt recommendations 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 on legal aspects contained in the report of the Anglican Task Force on Surrogate Motherhood on pages 8 and 9.
4. Recommend to the provinces and territories that adoption laws ensure that commercial surrogacy (recommending, initiating, arranging, or agreeing to the bearing of a child in a surrogacy arrangement for payment in cash or in kind) is banned in each province and territory.
5. Agree that the principles and recommendations in the report of the Task Force on "Surrogate Motherhood", together with the resolutions of this 32nd General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada which relate to surrogacy be the basis of any recommendations by the National Executive Council and other national Church bodies to governments when policy is being formed or legislation enacted.
6. Commend the above resources also to the Provinces and Dioceses of the Anglican Church of Canada. CARRIED Act 112
Due to conflict of interest, Mr. Justice Ronald Stevenson and Mr. Justice David Wright, Assessors to the General Synod, abstained from voting on the above motion.
[For earlier acts and discussion subsequently replaced by this Act see pages 60-62.]