That section 14 or Canon III - The Primacy - be amended to read as follows:
14. The financial needs of the Primacy shall be met first from the income of any capital fund designated for such purpose and, second, from the proportional gifts made by the Dioceses. CARRIED IN ALL ORDERS Act 12
That the Constitution of the General Synod be amended
(a) by deleting Section 12 and substituting the following:
12. The Officers of the General Synod
The Officers of the General Synod shall be:
1) The Primate
2) The Prolocutor
3) The Deputy Prolocutor
4) The General Secretary
5) The Treasurer
6) The Chancellor
7) The Vice-Chancellor, if appointed
8) two Officers-at-large (one Clergy, one Laity) elected by the Council of the General Synod from its own membership [resident in ecclesiastical provinces other than those of the Prolocutor and Deputy Prolocutor].
(b) by renumbering sections 17 to 19 to be sections 18 to 20 and inserting a new section 17 as follows:
17. The Treasurer
a) The Treasurer shall be appointed by the Council of the General Synod on nomination of the Primate after consultation with Financial Management and Development Committee.
b) The Treasurer shall receive and disburse all monies of the General Synod under the authority of the General Synod, the Council of the General Synod or the Financial Management and Development Committee, and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Constitution, the Canons and resolutions of the General Synod, the Council of the General Synod or the Financial Management and Development Committee.
c) During sessions of the General Synod the Treasurer shall be entitled to be present and, subject to the Rules of Order and Procedure, to participate in discussion without the right to vote. CARRIED IN ALL ORDERS Act 14
That section 33(a)(vi) of the Constitution of the General Synod be amended to read:
vi) one youth member of the General Synod from each ecclesiastical province to be elected by the General Synod on the nomination of the members of the Orders of Bishops, Clergy and Laity from each ecclesiastical province meeting together, provided that no ecclesiastical province may make more than one nomination;
and that section 33(f)(ii) of the Constitution be amended to read:
(ii) in the case of a member elected under the provisions of subsection 33(a)(vi), be filled by the Prolocutor, in consultation with the appropriate metropolitan, provided that the person so named shall be a youth member of the General Synod from the same ecclesiastical province as that to which the former member of the Council belonged at the time of his or her election to the Council.
Moved by: Dr. Iain Luke
That the words "youth member" be removed and the age requirements be put in.
As there was no seconder to the amending motion, the motion was declared to have failed.
The original resolution was then put and - CARRIED IN ALL ORDERS Act 10
That General Synod confirm the following amendments of the Terms of Reference of the Information Resources Committee as adopted by the Council of General Synod in March 2001:
1. In Part A - Duties and Responsibilities - delete the words "Resource Centre" where they appear in paragraph (d);
2. In Part C.II - Information Services Sub-Committee - amend the definition following the heading to read: (Includes work done through the Archives, Circulation/Data Management and Library);
3. In Part C.II delete paragraph (iv) which reads "review and approve Resource Centre acquisitions policy" and renumber paragraphs (v) to (vii) to be paragraphs (iv) to (vi). CARRIED WITHOUT DEBATE Act 41
That the minutes of the 36th Session of the General Synod, held in Waterloo, Ontario, July 4, 2001 - 11, 2001, be adopted as printed in the Journal and as approved by the Certification of Minutes Committee. CARRIED Act 2