Archdeacon C.M. Starr completed his Report for the Nominating Committee, giving membership on committees of the National Executive Council, committees of General Synod, Pension Fund and Canadian Churchman.
THAT the Report of the Nominating Committee be adopted.
CARRIED IN BOTH ORDERS Act 70
- The Ven. L.F. Hatfield (N.S.)
- The Rev. E.K. Clarke (Mont)
- Canon J.H. Fricker (Niag)
- The Rev. R.H. Hobbs (Ot)
- Mr. D.R. Smith (R.L.)
- The Very Rev. J.F.S. Conlin (B)
- The Rev. J.C. Blyth (Caled)
- Mrs. M. Murray (N.W.)
Long Range Planning Committee:
- Canon M.G. Magor (Mont)
- The Rt. Rev. R.K. Maguie (Mont)
- The Ven. M.C. Robinson (H)
- Mr. G.D. Daunt (H)
- Mr. Clay Gault (B)
- Mr. A.G. Moffat (R.L.)
- The Very Rev. T.H. O'Driscoll (N.W.)
- The Very Rev. J.S.P. Snowden (Car)
Administration and Finance:
- Mr. F.R. Boardman (Mont)
- Mr. E.H. Fisher (N.S.)
- The Ven. E. Rigby (Niag)
- Chancellor R.H. Soward (T)
- The Rt. Rev. W.G. Burch (Ed)
- Mr. A.D. Castle (Calg)
- Mr. J.W. McPherrin (B.C.)
- Mr. H.D. Arnold (Ko)
The National Executive Council elects five members to each committee from its membership and five other members to each committee who are not necessarily members of either General Synod or the Council.
The Nominating Committee submitted nominations for these positions to the Primate for presentation to the National Executive Council for its consideration.
COMMITTEES OF GENERAL SYNOD
General Synod elects 20 persons, not less than 12 of whom shall be members of Synod, and of these at least 1 shall be from each of the four Provinces. The remainder need not be members of Synod.
- Mrs. W.A. Bell (R.L.)
- The Rt. Rev. J.C. Bothwell (Niag)
- The Rt. Rev. H.G. Cook (Mac)
- The Most Rev. W.W. Davis (N.S.)
- Mr. F.D. Gibson (T)
- The Very Rev. A. Goodings (Que)
- Chancellor J.H.C. Harradence (Skwn)
- The Rev. Canon H. St.C. Hilchey (Mont)
- Mr. G.C. Hodge (N.W.)
- Judge J.E. Hudson (N.S.)
- The Very Rev. R.E. Ivany (Ed)
- The Rev. Canon J. Jeffries (Skwn)
- Chancellor H.B. King (Car)
- The Very Rev. R.E. Lundy (Ke)
- Mrs. D.J. Maybee (Ont)
- Lt. Col. D.S. Mitchell (B.C.)
- Mrs. L.J. Patterson (H)
- The Rev. J.T. Pilling (Qu'A)
- The Ven. C.M. Starr (Calg)
- The Rt. Rev. T.M. Wilkinson (B)
Doctrine and Worship Committee
- The Rev. Canon A.G. Baker (H)
- Rt. Rev. R.E.F. Berry (Ko)
- The Rev. E.S. Bull (T)
- The Very Rev. D.J. Carter (Calg)
- The Rev. O.W. Coffin (Nfld.)
- The Rev. D.P. Crawley (R.L.)
- The Rev. P.W. Davison (N.W.)
- Dr. J.R.H. Dempster (N.W.)
- The Rt. Rev. J.T. Frame (Y)
- The Rt. Rev. F.R. Gartrell (B.C.)
- Mr. J.M. Hattersley (Ed)
- The Rev. P.S. Lucas (Qu'A)
- The Ven. R.H. Murphy (F)
- The Very Rev. J.H. McMulkin (Skwn)
- Mrs. R.K. Naylor (Mont)
- The Rt. Rev. H.L. Nutter (F)
- The Rt. Rev. H.V.R. Short (Skwn)
- Mr. F.W. Slingerland (Que)
- The Rev. P.M. Tett (Ont)
- The Very Rev. B.W. Whitlow (B.C.)
Inter-Church Relations Committee:
- Mr. P.J. Andrewes (N.S.)
- The Rev. Canon G.B. Baker (B.C.)
- Dr. E.W. Balcom (N.S.)
- The Rev. Canon C.H. Butler (B.C.)
- The Rev. Canon I. Caton (Skon)
- Miss S. Clay (Caled)
- The Rev. E.D. Eldridge (N.W.)
- The Rev. Canon E.R. Fairweather (T)
- The Very Rev. R.G. Fleming (Ont)
- The Rt. Rev. D.A. Ford (Skon)
- The Rev. Canon T.L. Leadbetter (Ed)
- Prof. D.C. Masters (Niag)
- The Rev. J.G. McCausland (Al)
- The Rt. Rev. R.G. Pierce (Ath)
- The Rt. Rev. W.J. Robinson (Ot)
- The Very Rev. G.C.C. Scovil (Moos)
- The Rt. Rev. R.L. Seaborn (Nfld)
- Dr. T. Steeves (Skon)
- The Rev. Canon D.D.G. Tatchell (Calg)
- The Most Rev. W.L. Wright (Al)
Committee on Ministry:
- Mr. B. Arreak (Ar)
- The Rev. Canon H.W. Buchner (T)
- The Ven. A. Cuthand (R.L.)
- Mr. B. Dench (Al)
- The Ven. C.R. Elliott (N.S.)
- The Rt. Rev. D.W. Hambidge (Caled)
- Mr. A.W. Harding (Car)
- The Rev. D.W. Luxton (Niag)
- Mr. J. Merrett (T)
- The Ven. J.G. Morden (H)
- Miss M. Niven (T)
- The Rt. Rev. A.A. Read (T)
- Miss R. Scott (B.C.)
- The Very Rev. R.F. Shepherd (Mont)
- The Rt. Rev. T.D. Somerville (N.W.)
- The Rt. Rev. H.V. Stiff (Ke)
- The Rev. R.B. Stockall (F)
- The Rt. Rev. J.A. Watton (Moos)
- The Ven. D.H. Whitbread (Ar)
- The Ven. G.S. Woolsey (Ke)
- General Synod elects 2 bishops, 2 clergy and 2 laymen from among its members.
- The Rt. Rev. M.L. Goodman (Calg)
- The Ven. E.R. Haddon (Al)
- The Rev. Canon R.K. McKean (T)
- Mr. W.R. Kay (T)
- V/A H.S. Rayner (Ot)
General Synod elects, from its number, 2 bishops, 4 clergy and 4 laymen.
Message No.3 "Report of the Committee on Method of Electing the Primate" consideration of which had been deferred until the Report should be in the hands of the members of the House, was now considered. The following Report was read by the Deputy-Prolocutor:
Committee on Method of Electing the Primate
The Committee met on Monday evening, Sept. 12th, 1927, in the City Hall, Kingston, Ont.
There were present, the Archbishops of Huron and New Westminster, the Bishops of Fredericton, Montreal, Ottawa and Saskatchewan, and Chancellor Gisborne.
The Archbishop of Huron was elected chairman of the Committee in succession to the Archbishop of Algoma.
The Chairman reviewed the work of the Committee hitherto and read the correspondence which had been handed to him by the Archbishop of Algoma. The correspondence covered a period from 1921 to the present time.
After a full consideration of the present situation and of suggested changes, the Committee passed the following resolution, viz.:
"That the Committee, after careful consideration of many points of view, both practical and historical, that have been brought before them, have come to the conclusion that they can recommend no change in the method of the election of the Primate."
The Committee now beg to submit this Report and recommend its adoption.
David Huron, Chairman; John Charles Ottawa, Secretary; Sept. 12, 1927, Kingston, Ont.
Resolved, That this House concurs in Message No.3.
No.3 Election of Primate
That the Report of the Committee on the Method of Election of Primate be adopted recommending that no change be made in the manner of the election and that the Lower House be asked to concur.
That the Lower House concurs in Message No.3 of the Upper House.