1. Affirm the Development Goal of the United Nations for each developed country to contribute 0.7% of its gross national product to Official Development Assistance (ODA) in developing countries.
2. Request the General Secretary to write to the Government of Canada by June 30, 2004, urging it to act on the 0.7% Development Goal, using the proposal of the Canadian Council of International Cooperation for reaching this goal by 2015:
- To increase foreign aid by 12% annually between 2009 -- an additional $750 million over the next three years to increases already planned
- To increase foreign aid by 15% between 2009-2015.
3. Affirm the challenge of the 1998 Lambeth Conference to dioceses and provinces of the Anglican Communion to provide 0.7% of their own resources to fight global poverty.
4. Request the Primate
- to encourage Anglicans to give their generous support to the PWRDF and Anglican Appeal, which together with the Partnerships budget of General Synod, represent the Anglican Church of Canada's financial commitment to supporting international development programs, fighting poverty, and strengthening international and intra-Anglican partnerships.
- to report to the Anglican Communion by August 31, 2004, through the Task Team on Poverty and Trade, on the Anglican Church of Canada's contributions to development and poverty work to help give a complete picture of the Anglican Communion's efforts to achieve Millennium Development Goals. CARRIED WITHOUT DEBATE Act 28