- The staff of the Sheraton Parkway Hotel and Conference Centre for offering us such warm hospitality during our time here;
- The volunteers from the diocese of Toronto; Dominique, Laura, Pam and their team who met us at the airport, welcomed us at registration and helped guide us throughout the week;
- The communications team; Meghan Kilty and her staff, everyone from Anglican Video; Lisa Barry, Becky Boucher, all the crew for doing so much to enhance the experience of Synod for those of us here and those others watching outside this room and those back home;
- For those who assisted us with technology; Brian Bukowski for creating and managing such a rich and wonderful website and app, and for the people from Data On The Spot may we be ever thankful for the technology that they have in goodness attempted and assisted us in helping us run a human system;
- The translators who made it possible for members of Synod to speak and to hear in their own language and the facilitators of our neighborhood groups who enabled such an open exchange of views;
- All those who organized, lead and participated in our wonderfully varied and edifying worship; Martha Tatarnic and everyone who joined her in that ministry;
- Doug Cowling and all the musicians for enriching our worship, filling our days with songs of praise and reflection, and Elizabeth Adams for creating those beautiful tablecloths that will be permanent mementos of this Synod and for showing us all how to be artists ourselves;
- The chairs and members of the other committees who were so central to our deliberation; Peter Elliott and the Nominations Committee, Randall Fairey and the Resolutions Committee, Melissa Green and the Agenda Committee, and Peter Wall and the Planning Committee;
- All those who have been or will be elected or appointed to the work of this General Synod over the next three years, through the Council of General Synod, Standing and Sessional Committees, Councils, Boards and Commissions;
- The hard working and unflappable members of the staff; the coordinator of General Synod, Cathy Waiten along with Shannon Cottrell, Rose MacDonald, Jo Mutch, Josie De Lucia, and everyone who’s name we have not said aloud, and our event planner Heidi Wilker;
- The Assessors; Alan Perry, Chris Ambidge, Bruce Bryant-Scott and Ann Bourke;
- The Honourable Secretaries; Chris Parsons, Jason Haggstrom, Paul Rathbone and Margaret Marschall;
- The Officers of Synod; The Prolocutor and Deputy Prolocutor, The Chancellor and the Vice Chancellor, The Recording Secretary and Treasurer and the General Secretary;
- Other senior members of staff including Andrea Mann, Eileen Scully, and Judy Rois;
- And finally we want to express the profound gratitude of everyone in this room and everyone in the Anglican Church of Canada for the patient, loving, faithful service of our president and primate. Fred Hiltz, you have lead us through this challenging time with so much grace, dignity and love; you were so generous in thanking others, and now we would like to thank you.
That the people of this General Synod formally and unanimously and without debate offer their thanks to everyone who worked to make this meeting possible.