That sub-section 41a) i) of the Constitution be amended by adding to the second paragraph the words:
"Consideration will also be given to age, gender, order, inclusion of native peoples and continuity of membership. Normally, the length of service on a committee will not be more than two terms." CARRIED Act 34
That sub-section 41 b) of the Constitution be rescinded and replaced by the following:
"b) Thirty days prior to regular session of the General Synod each standing committee shall submit to the General Synod Nominating Committee the names of up to six persons to be considered for nomination for membership on the committee for its next term." CARRIED Act 35
That Rules of Order and Procedure 5 b) be rescinded and replaced by the following:
"b) Assessors The Prolocutor shall appoint two or more assessors to advise the chairperson with respect to the Declaration of Principles, the Constitution, the Rules of Order and Procedure and the Canons of the General Synod". CARRIED ACT 19
That Rules of Order and Procedure 6 b) be amended to read:
"b) Certification of Minutes Committee - consisting of the General Secretary, the Prolocutor or Deputy Prolocutor, the Honorary Clerical and Lay Secretaries, and a member of the Resolutions Committee. It shall be the responsibility of the committee to certify the accuracy of the minutes of the session of the General Synod and, where necessary, to approve any subsequent corrections to those minutes." CARRIED ACT 18
That Rules of Order and Procedure 18 a) be amended by adding at the end thereof, the words:
"provided that any member who wishes to abstain from voting for reasons of conflict of interest shall be entitled to abstain on notifying the chairperson of his or her intention. Such abstentions and the names of the persons abstaining shall be recorded in the minutes"; and
that Rules of Order and Procedure 18 b) be amended by adding, at the end thereof, the words:
"and abstentions shall not be counted in determining the majority." CARRIED Act 36
That Section 5 of Appendix B - Standing Committee Terms of Reference - be amended by adding a new sub-section c) as follows:
"c) make arrangements for worship throughout each session of the General Synod, including the Opening Service, in consultation with the Primate or his appointee, the diocesan bishop of the host diocese or his appointee, the liturgical officer of the General Synod and a member of the Doctrine and Worship Committee;"
and by relettering the subsequent sub-sections. CARRIED WITHOUT DEBATE Act 103
Archdeacon Crawford, on behalf of the Anglican Book Centre, presented a cheque to the Primate for the National Executive Council in the amount of $25,000.
That the National Executive Council concur with the Policy Guidelines for the Anglican Book Centre, which read:
In order to provide a service to and perform a ministry for the whole Church, the Anglican Book Centre will be operated under the following policy guidelines:
1. The Anglican Book Centre, with the exception of the Service Section, will be operated at a profit.
The Service Section will bear its appropriate share of overhead costs and will, as far as possible, be operated on a "break even" basis.
2. All publications (except Canadian Churchman and The Living Message) produced for sale by the national office will be marketed by the Anglican Book Centre, and the Anglican Book Centre will set their selling prices.
3. The compensation policy of the national office, approved by the Administration and Finance Committee, will generally apply to the staff of the Anglican Book Centre.
At the request of the Anglican Book Centre Committee, exemptions from or modifications in the compensation policy as it applies to the staff of the Anglican Book Centre may be granted or approved by the Administration and Finance Committee.
4. The Anglican Book Centre Committee, with the concurrence of the Administration and Finance Committee and the National Executive Council, will provide capital and other funds for its operation out of accumulated earnings or from bank borrowings, as required.
5. Any excess earnings designated by the Anglican Book Centre Committee will be transferred to a reserve fund in the General Synod for disbursement under the authority of the National Executive Council.
6. Changes in these policy guidelines, recommended by the Anglican Book Centre Committee, will become operative when approved by the National Executive Council. CARRIED
Bishop Nock requested that the Anglican Book Centre give consideration of [i.e. to] the publishing of a Canadian Lenten Book, as he feels it would be useful.