That this General Synod extend its prayers and greetings to the members of the 130th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Canada convening in Oshawa, Ontario this Sunday and offer its congratulations to the Reverend Richard Fee who will be installed as its Moderator. CARRIED Act 62
That this General Synod request the General Secretary to convey to the Reverend Canon Dr. John Peterson its gratitude for his tireless work as Secretary General of the Anglican Communion and wish him God's blessing as he begins a new ministry in the church. CARRIED Act 61
1. Congratulate dioceses and parishes for 25 years of commitment to Canada's Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program.
2. Call on dioceses and parishes to increase their commitment to the private sponsorship of refugees by increasing the number of refugees they are willing to sponsor annually.
3. Encourage those dioceses that are not Sponsorship Agreement Holders to participate in the sponsorship of refugees either by signing an agreement with the Government of Canada and becoming Sponsorship Agreement Holders themselves or by considering a joint ecumenical effort where this is possible.
4. Call on Anglicans in Canada to continue welcoming refugees and immigrants into their communities.
5. Affirm the positive contributions refugees and immigrants have made and continue to make to the life of the Anglican Church and to Canada as a whole.
6. Challenge and denounce irresponsible and unsubstantiated linking of refugees and migrants to security concerns. Act 68