a) That this Council of General Synod adopts the following points in carrying forward the work of the Department of Philanthropy in regard to a national fundraising effort and the department’s collaboration with diocesan fundraising efforts.
- 1. That the Department of Philanthropy develop a case for national support
- 2. That we encourage diocesan campaigns that include support for the national church case
-3. That the Department of Philanthropy will support dioceses doing feasibility studies that include components of the national church’s ministry in their cases for support.
- 4. That feasibility studies will come to the Council of General Synod, not for approval, but to assess the capacity of the national Church to support the diocesan campaigns.
b) And that the previous motion dealing with this matter is rescinded. The wording of the previous motion was:
That the Council of General Synod ask the Philanthropy Committee to draft a recommendation to the Council of General Synod on the issue of how and when recommendations based on feasibility studies might be considered and bring their recommendations to the November 2010 meeting of Council.
ADOPTED BY CONSESUS #27-03-10
Note: The Philanthropy Committee and the Department of Philanthropy will bring to the November 2010 Council of General Synod meeting a comprehensive plan for the nation-wide fundraising initiative that will include:
- 1. A national case for support,
- 2. A progress report, including volunteer development and the work of the M & M International (and its cost) in the feasibility study,
- 3. Which dioceses are currently committed and are considering collaborating with the national initiative,
- 4. An update on the pilot campaign in Ottawa,
- 5. And whether there is adequate capacity to do this work at the national Church level.